"Niamh Ní Charra has released a startlingly mature collection...that further sculpts her musical identity with both grace and danger...A wonderful, unforced further step into the limelight."
Siobhan Long, The Irish Times - 4 Stars, 10/09/2010
"Happy Out could well be one of the best albums of 2010, so don't miss it."
Alex Monaghan, Irish Music Magazine, November 2010
"Súgach Sámh / Happy out is a refreshing sounding album that is steeped in tradition. It gets a ten out of ten from us!"
Alex Gallacher, Folk Radio UK, 25/12/2010
"This talented fiddler and concertinist, able singer, and budding composer displays her mettle once more."
Earle Hitchner's Top 30 of 2010 in The Irish Echo, Ceol column
" ...an impressive and thoroughly appealing Irish album release with its roots in the tradition."
David Kidman, Folk And Roots, 01/2011
" ...she's had our feet restless since we opened the CD. A lovely selection that deserves a listen and a read of the liner notes to truly appreciate the beauty of it all."
Jack Baker, Piping It In, IRISH AMERICAN NEWS, October 2010
"Slow, whistful waltzes and airs, uptempo, uplifting jigs and reels give the album it's heart."
1. The Limerick Redowa/Going for Water/Oakum's/The Strawberry Tree. Redowa Waltz, Slides
2. Top It Off/The Glen Road to Carrick/McFadden's Handsome Daughter/The Devil's Ladder. Hop Jig, Reels
3. Paddy's Lamentation. Song
4. The Bruckless Shore/The Sail-Maker's Wife/Muineira de Pontesampaio. Jigs, Muineira
5. Lonesome Eyes. Air
6. Cailleach An Airgid. Song
7. The Belles of South Boston/The Rights of Man/The Moonlight Clog. Hornpipes, Schottiches.
8. Fonn do Eithne/The Fairy Step. Air, Slip Jigs
9. Niamh's Joy/An Buchaill Dreoite/The Coleraine. Reel, Jigs
10. Sé Fáth Mo Bhurta. Song.
11. Knockabout/ Tom Barrett's/Sonny Riordan's/ Polkas.
12. Bruach Na Carraige Báine. Air
13. The Iron Man/The First Century Reel. Strathspey, Reel.